Be sure | Be safe | Be Q-Safe: Call us on 0427 873 989

Untested TV

A television mounted high on a wall was not considered as requiring inspection, testing and tagging as users did not come into contact with it.

Eventually, the Television stopped working and a service technician was called. The technician set up his ladder to access the television and attempted to adjust the metal mounting bracket.

He received an electric shock, fell from the ladder and suffered serious injuries.

The flexible supply cord was found to have been damaged as it had been inadvertently wedged under the weight of the television which pressed it into the bracket, eventually livening the bracket.

Had the TV been inspected, tested and tagged regularly, this condition would have been identified and prevented. – Untested TV